Thanks for checking out Episode 35 of the Bright Planning Marketing Podcast with your host Catherine Campbell. In this show, Jason the producer has returned from heart surgery just in time to chat about the phenomenon of Pinterest!
Most people are aware that Pinterest is a social network that connects people visually. Pinterest can effectively drive traffic and revenue through visual marketing, which makes it a formidable platform for business.
Here are a few numbers we’ve gathered for you to demonstrate the present power of Pinterest:
- It has more than 150 million active users worldwide.
- On a daily basis, 42 percent of U.S. women use Pinterest compared to 13 percent of U.S. men.
- Within the U.S., Pinterest has 70 million monthly users and 80 million users outside the U.S.
- A whopping 67 percent of Pinterest users are Millennials, who have billions of dollars that they’re looking to spend.
- And speaking of billions, Pinterest is now worth $11 billion!
If you’re a small business owner, we’d recommend that you consider how Pinterest could help your business. Even if you already have a personal account, you can change it over into a business account with one click.
Our advice would be to set up a Pinterest business account. Make sure your short profile description is optimized with at least one keyword that you want to rank for. Be sure to include your location (even if you’re not a physical retail store). And make sure your business logo looks good in the profile.
Create boards that are keyword-specific. Always pin graphics that are clear and cropped just right. And don’t forget that you can also pin YouTube videos to your board. Create a board and then go to YouTube and click “Share” to specify the board of your choice.
In this episode, we also share tips about using private Pinterest boards as a collaboration tool, and we talk about how you can use Pinterest to help determine your brand style. Join us!