We launched Bright Planning with a vision to grow a boutique marketing agency that serves ethical, pioneering brands. Since opening our doors in 2014, our agency has grown year over year and we are looking for talented experts to join the team.
Working At Bright Planning:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. We offer competitive compensation, above living wages, and expanding benefits including: paid professional development, profit sharing bonuses, custom office amenities, work-from-home Fridays and paid volunteer time. As our team grows, we are committed to developing health care stipends, paid parental leave, and retirement plans.
- Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator (Part-Time) – IN APPLICATION REVIEW
- Freelance Writers (Contract)
Click On Any Position Below To Learn More:
We are looking for an exceptional marketing & public relations coordinator to help our team in an administrative and project capacity. This role is vital to the success of the agency and our clients.
Our Marketing and PR Coordinator serves the team in Asheville. Duties include:
- Upload, format and schedule blog posts
- Upload, format and schedule social media posts
- Coordinate email newsletters and campaigns
- Curate and organize photos and client creative for content marketing
- Create slide decks or Powerpoints for client presentations
- Assist with live or virtual events such as webinars
- Conduct research to assist with campaigns
- Administrative duties as needed: printing, mailing, shipping, client gifting, etc.
- Attend team & client meetings, take notes and assist with client onboarding
And you will help our PR team with some of the following duties:
- Draft press releases and news items
- Distribute press releases and media alerts
- Create media kits & mail PR packages
- Research and build media contact lists
- Monitor and document PR coverage
- Help coordinate media appearances for clients
- Assist with interviews
- Proven experience as a Marketing & PR Coordinator or similar position, 2+ years experience preferred
- Understanding of inbound marketing and/or PR concepts and practices
- Computer savvy
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Well-organized, able to work with deadlines
- Confidence to contribute your own ideas or feedback
- Attention to detail
- Mastery of spelling and grammar (we’re serious)
- Background in English, Communications, PR or Marketing is helpful but not required
- Appreciation for “deep work,” not multitasking
- Prefer someone with working knowledge of WordPress, Squarespace, Mailchimp, Convertkit, Basecamp, Google Suite, Office Suite, CoSchedule, and/or Buffer — please note on your resume or cover letter if you specialize in any of these
- Experience with basic design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator and/or or Canva) is a plus
- Not afraid to take charge of the office Spotify playlist
You will work in our Asheville office or remotely as needed.
The Marketing & PR Coordinator position starts at $18/hour, dependent on experience. Contract to hire. This position requires an average of 20 hours/week.
The Marketing and PR Coordinator is part-time with the opportunity to (quickly) become a full-time position as a Marketing Specialist or Public Relations Associate, depending on your career goals. If interested, please submit:
- Letter of Interest
- 2 References with Contact Info
Email info@brightplanning with “Marketing and PR Coordinator” in the subject line.
-Jan-Feb: We are accepting and reviewing application materials
-Feb 15-March 15: Initial interviews scheduled
-March 15-30: Second round of interviews scheduled
-April: anticipated hire
We are always seeking seasoned writers and multimedia storytellers who have a deep knowledge of (or desire to explore) Asheville, western North Carolina and the Southeast for paid, bylined freelance story assignments for our PR outreach campaigns.
We are specifically looking for writers who have experience writing about food, beverage, travel, and business/leadership.
Writers must have a portfolio of relevant writing experience that can include:
- blog posts
- informational round-up articles
- unbiased reports
- longform features
- product reviews or gift guides
- photo essays
- narrative nonfiction
Writers with national and regional placements and/or established editorial relationships at major media outlets will be given preference for assignments. However, if you’re a new writer and your writing samples are strong enough, we would love to give you a chance to expand your portfolio.
Interested writers will be added to our freelance pool and contacted for relevant assignments or to help develop story ideas as needed.
Please send your resume, portfolio or sample clips, and a letter of interest to Catherine Campbell, Director.
Our Company Values
Generosity: We are generous with our attention, compassion, support, and talent.
Connection: By recognizing our connection to (and place within) our client’s work, our local ecosystems and our planet, we practice empathy in every marketing campaign we create. By fostering connections with each other, we keep our team strong.
Wisdom: Only by asking hard questions, creating scenarios, documenting lessons learned, and listening to other points of view will we achieve wisdom as a company.
Creativity: We look at a project from all angles, innovate as much as possible, and encourage each other to ask Why? and What if? in order to achieve new creative heights.
Integrity: We are honest with ourselves and with others.