We launched Bright Planning with a vision to grow a boutique marketing agency that serves ethical, pioneering brands. Since opening our doors in 2014, our agency has grown year over year and we are looking for talented experts to join the team.
Working At Bright Planning:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. We offer competitive compensation, above living wages, and expanding benefits including: paid professional development, profit sharing bonuses, custom office amenities, work-from-home Fridays and paid volunteer time. As our team grows, we are committed to developing health care stipends, paid parental leave, and retirement plans.
- Marketing & Public Relations Assistant (Part-Time)
Click On Any Position Below To Learn More:
We are looking for an exceptional marketing and PR assistant to help our team in an administrative and coordinator capacity. This role is vital to the success of the agency and our clients.
Our Marketing & Public Relations Assistant serves the team in Asheville. Duties include:
- Draft press releases and news items
- Distribute press releases and media alerts
- Create media kits & mail PR items
- Build media contact lists
- Monitor and document PR coverage
- Help coordinate media appearances for clients
- Assist with interviews
- Conduct research to assist with content marketing and PR campaigns
- Upload, format and schedule blog posts
- Coordinate email newsletters and campaigns
- Curate and organize stock photos and client creative for content marketing
- Create slide decks or Powerpoint presentations
- Assist with live or virtual events such as webinars
- Administrative duties as needed: printing, mailing, shipping, etc.
- Attend team & client meetings
- Proven experience as a PR & Marketing Assistant or similar position, 2+ years experience preferred
- Understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices
- Computer savvy
- Working knowledge of databases and design software (e.g. Photoshop or Canva) is a plus
- Prefer someone with working knowledge of WordPress, Squarespace, Mailchimp, Basecamp, Google Suite, Office Suite, CoSchedule, and/or Buffer
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Well-organized, able to work with deadlines
- Confidence to contribute ideas or feedback
- Attention to detail
- Mastery of spelling and grammar
- Background in English, Communications, PR or Marketing is helpful but not required
You will work in our office in downtown Asheville or remotely as needed.
The Marketing & PR Assistant position starts at $16-18/hour, dependent on experience. This position requires an average of 10 hours/week.
We are accepting applications until the position is filled. The Marketing and PR Assistant position is part-time with the opportunity to become a full-time position. If interested, please submit:
- Letter of Interest
- 2 References
Email info@brightplanning with “Marketing and PR Assistant” in the subject line.
Our Company Values
Generosity: We are generous with our attention, compassion, support, and talent.
Connection: By recognizing our connection to (and place within) our client’s work, our local ecosystems and our planet, we practice empathy in every marketing campaign we create. By fostering connections with each other, we keep our team strong.
Wisdom: Only by asking hard questions, creating scenarios, documenting lessons learned, and listening to other points of view will we achieve wisdom as a company.
Creativity: We look at a project from all angles, innovate as much as possible, and encourage each other to ask Why? and What if? in order to achieve new creative heights.